This course will facilitate your understanding of the principles, concepts and processes of economics. It teaches about the relationships between various parts of the economy and uses various economic models to illustrate these relationships.
It covers application to traditional economic areas, such as macroeconomics, microeconomics, international trade, and monetary economics; as well as applied areas, such as economic policy analysis and econometrics.
Who will benefit most?
This course will benefit analysts, economists, middle- and senior managers, executives who need to deepen their knowledge and skills of key economic theories and techniques.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Evaluate the different types of economic systems, the ideologies on which they are based, and their application to an organisation
- Explain and evaluate the impact of macroeconomic and microeconomic policies on a country
- Understand and analyse the effects of inflation on capital budgeting decisions and the cost of debt
- Explain how prices are established in the market as well as the restrictions on the market mechanism
- Explore the relationship between elasticity and total income
- Discuss and critique the various financial institutions, their functions and the nature of their business
- Describe and evaluate the benefits of international portfolio diversification
- Explore critically a country’s labour market and its key development challenges
- Understand and critically examine the impact of globalisation
- Identify and evaluate reasons why international trade takes place and the advantages of international trade
- A Certificate of Competence will be awarded to all participants who successfully submit and pass their assignments, and exams*
- A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to all who successfully submit and pass their assignments
- A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to all who attended the training session
*On successful completion of this short learning programme, the participant may be considered for exemption from the equivalent course in the respective qualification, provided that he or she meets qualification entrance criteria. Exemption fees may apply.
3-day, 3-evening course contact time including facilitation and group activities