The Master of Public Management is for those wanting to progress to senior management and leadership positions in the public sector.
This qualification aims to enhance strategic knowledge required to improve service delivery.
The purpose of the Master of Public Management is to:
- Reflect critically and apply public and development management theory to improve service delivery in the public and development sectors
- Deal creatively and systematically with complex issues affecting the public and development sectors
- Design and critically appraise research in an attempt to apply data and information to make sound judgments on challenges which face the public and development sector
- Be able to communicate clearly at a strategic level to various audiences concerned with public and development sector issues
- Honours degree or postgraduate diploma
- Three years of relevant work experience